PJ X4240N Short Throw Projector
Interactive teaching gets a closer look
Get closer to the action and enhance student interaction with the compact RICOH PJ X4240N projection system. Use it to project large screen presentations in high-definition from close distances to maximize impact and classroom space — while minimizing instructor distractions. The short-throw projection system significantly reduces glare and shadows, so instructors can conduct interactive presentations with more clarity and more student participation. Presenters can take advantage of its exceptional image quality, advanced connectivity, intuitive controls and flexibility. Mount the projector, place it on a table’s edge as a standalone system, or add it to your total print and visual communications fleet to reduce costs and improve efficiencies for your institution.
- Energize presentations and show videos with vibrant colors and highdefinition clarity without glare or excessive noise.
- The Ricoh PJ X4240N features Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology —as well as a 3000 lumens brightness rating, 5000:1 contrast ratio and up to 1280 x 800 WXGA native resolution — for optimal performance in nearly any lighting conditions.
- Operating noise is limited to 38 decibels or less. Plus, the system features 10-watt speakers to ensure the audience hears you and your presentation — not noise from the projector.
Instruction Support Features
- Leveraging innovative, ultra-high definition lens technology, the PJ X4240N mounts easily to a ceiling or wall and allows instructors to stand closer to and point out elements on the presentation surface without blocking the projection or creating shadows.
- The projection system displays crisp, clear images up to 140 inches tall from close distances. It can even produce high-quality images up to 60 inches diagonally when placed within two feet from the wall. In addition, fixed mount installation eliminates daily setup and breakdown tasks, reduces cabling, discourages theft and helps extend projector life.
- With the Presentation Timer feature, instructors can rehearse their presentation to ensure classes stay on schedule or use the timer as a countdown when testing.
- With automatic balancing, every image can be displayed in-focus with vivid colors in nearly any setting.
- Auto Brightness control simplifies set up and helps to maximize lamp life by sensing the amount of light in a room and adjusting the brightness to deliver the best image quality.
- The control panel is located on the top of the system for easy access, and a remote control provides easy access to advanced functions via the projected menu screens.
- For larger classrooms, instructors can coordinate one presentation that can be viewed in up to four classrooms on four different projectors using the multi-screen mode. Easily identify available networked projectors using QuickProjection.
- A simple one-time installation using the Network Utility (included on the CD-ROM) provides fast access to all networked projectors.
- With the optional eBeam® technology from Luidia®, presenters can transform an ordinary whiteboard or wall surface into an interactive display.
- A special stylus captures instructors’ handwriting strokes and many systems include the ability to display pre-stored teaching templates and maps.
- When using the Wall Color Mode feature, the Ricoh PJ X4240N adjusts the colors of the projected image to optimize image quality when presenting on color surfaces or chalkboards, enhancing portability.
- The projection system offers Ethernet connectivity and compatibility with Macs and PCs so educational and training videos can be shown with ease.
- Carry presentations with you on USB-compliant devices or memory cards. Use the HDMI port to play movies from DVD and Blue-ray players — even those shot in 3D format.
- Each system allows educational administrators to manage basic tasks, change projector settings and monitor user access to streamline workflow and promote optimal energy efficiency.
- The Ricoh PJ X4240N supports PJLink and Ricoh @Remote service, so administrators can remotely power the unit on or off, configure settings with ease from any location and generate status and error reporting to ensure optimal efficiency and enhance projector life.
Liquid Crystal Panel
Analog RGB Compatible Scanning Frequency
** N/A with network function